Obviously and without question, a camera is the primary tool used by photographers to carry out their work. For modern photographers, a professional camera isn’t necessarily what is needed to take great pictures as there are tablets and smartphones today with excellent cameras able to take quality photos. While modern photographers can make use of any of them to snap photos, their work doesn’t end there since they have to work on post-processing.
Post-processing in photography is the use of photo editing techniques to make enhancements on the original photograph taken by the photographer. To efficiently carry out this process, a reliable computer and a good photo editing software are necessary.
Computador for Modern Photographers – Desktop or Laptop
When it comes to choosing a computador for post-processing photographs, you need to choose between a desktop computer and a laptop. Both have their own set of advantages and of course disadvantages as well.
If you are a photographer who travels from one place to another to capture photos, you want a computer that is compact, light and portable so you can carry it with you during your travels. For this reason, a laptop is more practical. However, one of the major downside is that you have to make certain your laptop is always charged and to ensure that there is always a power outlet available for charging your device. You don’t want your laptop to suddenly switch off because of empty battery while working on your photos.
On the other hand, a desktop computer, such as those on Atual Center, is best if you have a fixed or stationary workspace. While portability is a downside, you get more power as well as more reliable hardware in exchange. In addition, a lot of individuals find it more convenient and manageable to make use of an external keyboard and a mouse compared with the keyboard and track pad of a laptop.
Because a desktop computador offers more power as well as better performance and are built for heavier tasks and regular use, many find desktops more ideal than laptops. There is a wide range of computador in the market so you are bound to find one that will suit your computador needs and budget.
Atual Center, for instance, has a line of desktop computers perfect for home use or for business use. They too offer desktops built for gaming if you are looking for something that would improve your gaming experience. Check out their site as you might find a computador that will match your every computer need.
Computador for Post-Processing and Photo Editing
With the extensive array of computers available in the market, shopping for one can be overwhelming at times. As a photographer, there are things that you need to take into consideration to ensure that your post-processing and photo editing software and programs run as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
- PROCESSOR. The Central Processing Unit (CPU) helps the computer run as fast as possible giving it a better performance. The faster your processor, the better it will be for your post-processing demands. Also, a computer with a multi-core processor allows users to simultaneously work on numerous tasks without worrying about lags and/or freezes.
- MEMORY. The Random Access Memory, or RAM, is the amount of memory of your computer. This is frequently mixed up with the hard drive space. The RAM works conjointly with the processor and also creates a significant difference with the performance and the speed of the computer. The more amount of RAM you have, the better for your editing and post-processing needs.
- GRAPHICS CARD. The graphics card of the computer is responsible for optimizing the images as well as videos on the computer. Just like the RAM, it works together with the processor. The graphics card has its own memory (RAM) that it utilizes to carry out all calculations and rendering related to graphics. Moreover, a good graphics card also helps improve the speed of the computer.
- MONITOR. When it comes to photo editing and post-processing, you want to have the biggest computer monitor that your budget can afford. They come in various styles such as ultra widescreen, touchscreen, and curved. Go for a monitor that you are most comfortable with and one that you can tilt to get the right position. Make certain your monitor is also compatible with your graphics card for a good response time. Furthermore, it is best to get a monitor with a range of color, more than just RGB, for more accurate color. The greater the resolution of your monitor, the better for your work.
- HARD DISK DRIVE SPACE. Getting adequate hard disk drive (HDD) space will ensure that the programs and applications in your computer would run smoothly and quickly. Do note that the type of hard drive that you select can have an effect on the speed og your computer. For fastest speed, choose a solid state hard drive (SSD). But you also have the option to have both HDD and SDD in your computer.